Jardins Verticais e Telhados Verdes
Vertical Gardens and Green Roofs - Demand and 5 Advantages
Vertical gardens and green roofs are a major trend in Brazil and worldwide, as they offer several benefits such as reducing heat and air pollution and even improving air quality. In addition to representing a good part of the profit of landscaping companies and offering some advantages for those working in the area.
The untidy and unrestricted paving of the large metropolises in Brazil has been causing the “heat islands” that are regions in the city that have higher temperatures when compared to the nearby rural regions. And to reduce this effect, the population and construction companies have been investing in green roofs and vertical gardens which, in addition to reducing temperatures, also contribute to the reduction of pollution in the surroundings and increase biodiversity.
Vertical gardens and green roofs - A matter of necessity
The “green” issue goes far beyond aesthetics and environmental benefits. It directly affects the quality of life of people. Today, in large cities, there is a feeling of distance from nature and in order to soften this feeling and give more life to environments, the implantation of vertical gardens and green roofs may be the solution. The results are immediate, the space is humanized and cozy.
For these and other reasons, vertical gardens and green roofs appear as favorites of many architects and landscapers, because in addition to contributing to the well-being of society, they are also aesthetically beautiful and allow work with several varieties of plants.
5 Advantages of working with the construction of vertical gardens and green roofs
- Trend – Those fascinated by decoration have already realized that vertical gardens and green roofs are trends that are here to stay. And who works with landscaping, needs to master this technique if they want to meet the demands of the market.
- Variety – Vertical gardens are versatile and green roofs are versatile, allowing professionals to meet the needs, tastes and desires of any client. It can be used both in the external and internal areas. It has a multitude of plant options. In addition to being able to be used in spaces of any size, it expands smaller spaces and beautifies larger spaces.
- Business – The market for vertical gardens and green roofs promises to be very promising for the business world, as it already represents a large part of the profit of landscaping companies.
- Quality – People are more concerned with the environment and pollution and vertical gardens have been a good option for controlling air pollution and improving air quality.
- Aesthetic – Vertical gardens have a powerful aesthetic that delights everyone, which greatly facilitates the life of landscape professionals when it comes to convincing the client.
Business opportunity with the creation of landscape projects
To create the landscaping project and define the plants and techniques that will be used in the vertical garden and on the green roof, it is necessary to have knowledge of projects and, in addition, species, lighting, irrigation, etc. Choosing the best techniques and species is essential for the success of the project.
The demand for vertical gardens and green roofs is growing and is becoming a business opportunity for architecture and design offices across the country. In some offices, billing for these projects reaches up to 30% of monthly revenue, with a growing trend.
In addition to being a strategy for diversifying the portfolio of office services and, consequently, for increasing revenues, vertical gardens and green roofs can also be used as environmental compensation in the city of São Paulo according to a decree signed by Mayor Fernando Haddad in 2015 - as it tends to expand to other regions of the country.
By: Érica Tavares